Facebook has introduced a new Facebook timeline and below is a few things you might want to know about it (has been referenced from from www.theclixgroup.com blog).
1. Timeline is wider and much more visual than the old profile. The first thing you’ll notice is the giant photo right at the top. This is your cover, and it’s completely up to you which of your photos you put here.
2. Facebook automatically populates it with content via its algorithm, but users ultimately have complete control over what gets shown in their timeline. You can hide certain stories Facebook shows, highlight stories (by starring them) to show them more prominently, or add important stories that are missing.
3. Users can also access a private activity log and choose stories to add to their timeline. This is where you’ll find everything you shared since you joined Facebook. Click on any post to feature it on your timeline so your friends can see it, too. I personally really like this feature. I joined Facebook when I was 18, I am now 26, there are definitely thing’s that I don’t want on be there!
4. Older stories don’t vanish as new stories are added, like they used to.
5. Timeline acts more like a scrapbook of a user’s past and present.
6. Users can now add applications to their timelines again. These apps also help you discover what your friends are up to. You can even join in if you want: play the song they’re listening to, or watch the same TV show.