Since Small Business Saturday (the holiday earmarked for shopping on the first Saturday following Thanksgiving Day in order to promote local and/or small brick-and-mortar establishments) was observed for the first time on 27th November in 2010, the event has grown in popularity. American Express, the registered owner of the ‘Small Business Saturday’ brand, exploited online marketing to the hilt when the campaign was launched for the first time apart from exploring offline advertising avenues.
So, if you wish to improve the bottom-line of your small time business by increasing sales this Small Business Saturday, you can go through the following tips or tricks. Significantly enough, numerous proprietors or owners of local businesses are making the most of the creative SEO strategies for tapping automated social media networks with an eye to titillate shoppers to buy more during the holiday season. You too can imbibe some or all of these intelligent online marketing techniques:-
- Spruce up the Facebook profile page-There can be no disputing the fact that Facebook continues to be the world’s most popular automated social media site. Surely, you’d want to make hay while the sun shines by trying to convert visitors (read leads) checking into your business’s Facebook page into customers. One stellar way of doing so would be to spruce up the Facebook profile that you may not have modified in a long time. For coaxing shoppers to buy at the last minute, display your business hours prominently, upload latest images of your products or service and also post catchy texts about the same.
- Publicize attractive offers-Make a last-minute offer that residents staying in the vicinity of your shop or outlet will find hard to resist. Advertise the deal on sites devoted to holiday shopping, local newspapers, and of course the social media.
- Upload collage-See footfalls go up in your brick-and-mortar outlet after you make a hodgepodge of the images of powerful people who’ve stepped into your shop. This is one online marketing strategy that may pay off handsomely.
- Exploit marketing tools of American Express-Make good use of the various resources or tools of American Express- the organization that created the portal for Small Business Saturday for giving a fillip to your product’s or brand’s SEO.
- Be cooperative-Create and update posts about a customer or personality who you look upon as a role model. The person will appreciate your liking and may even share the same thereby enhancing the online visibility of your listing.
- Holding a social event may go a long way-Another excellent way of engaging with your steadfast customers and attracting residents who live in the neighborhood your shop is located is to hold a close-knit social event.
- Put the media on alert-Develop PR content woven around images or photos you click on the event and post these to news agencies that focus on local retail.
- Social networking-Offer additional rebate to customers or visitors who’ll be interested to station a link to your business on their social media profiles.
Image credit: rawpixel