Any website with a page load time over three seconds stands a 90% chance of losing their visitors. While this doesn’t sound like much, we live in an “instantaneous” society so you need to learn how to minimize your page load time and maximize the way your website functions. This will also benefit your dental SEO.
How Page Speed Benefits Dentist SEO
Both Google and Bing share one thing in common: their commitment to making the internet faster. One of the key signals their algorithms use to do this is page speed. Since so many people are reliant upon mobile search today, this has become even more important when it comes to user satisfaction. Most people believe that websites should load quickly, especially during peak traffic hours. Otherwise they’ll move on to your competition. This means that as an e-commerce site you’ll lose purchases. However, when you have a fast, smooth website that looks professional your visitors will stick around because they believe they’ll get a high-quality experience from you.
Why Your Pages are Loading so Slow
Clearly you can see that having a page load quickly is important. Now the question is, “How do you accomplish this?” Well, there are several things you should do, including:
- Make sure your web page’s images are optimized well not only for dental SEO but also because it’ll make everything move faster too. Here’s the trick: You must choose a good balance between image size and quality along with download speed. The best way to do this is to put your photos in JPEG format and everything else in PNG format.
- Plug-ins and widgets are known to overload your server and slow down your website. This is why it’s so important for your dentist SEO to keep them to a minimum.
- Using Adobe Flash on your website is known to slow down your web pages’ speed, especially when accessed from a mobile browser. This is because Adobe Flash is incompatible with such devices. Therefore, you should always test your website on various devices using different browsers.
- Most websites use advertisements to help them earn money, but these advertisements are also known to slow down a page’s speed.
- Extravagant designs are great, but they can also slow down your site. Remember, they also don’t do anything for your dental SEO. This is why you shouldn’t include too many types of embedded media (e.g. slide shows, videos).
Using Google’s PageSpeed Insights
This free tool from Google will help you analyze and optimize your website’s speed and performance so it runs faster and is also mobile-friendly. All you do is simply install the module and it’ll integrate itself into your web server where it will automatically optimize your dentist SEO for you. Additionally, it measures how your site is performing on both desktop and mobile devices. When it does so it’ll provide you with a score ranging from 0 – 100 points. You want to have a score of 85+ as this is an indication that your website is performing well.
With all the dramatic changes the internet and mobile technology have undergone throughout recent years and the ways in which it continues transforming the world around it at such a fast pace, the one thing we can’t overlook is website speed. It’s always been and always will be a consistent part of your visitors’ experience and an important part of your dental SEO too. This is why you should periodically evaluate it so you can address any issues that arise.
Now that you understand the importance of page speed and know everything that you must do to maximize it, you’re probably wondering where you should start. We highly recommend that you start by getting in contact with the Affordable SEO Company. Doing so will help get your website the ranking and visitors it deserves.