Today, live social video is all the rage. This is because if you do it right, it will boost your SEO since it’s reliant on factors like freshness, dwell time, and chatter. These are all natural qualities of live video.
In the same way that SEO pros worry about Google updates, social marketers worry about Facebook’s algorithm changes. While Instagram won’t even let you place a link in your post, Facebook and LinkedIn heavily deprioritize such links. This is why experts are using social video today. In fact, by 2021 experts believe such videos will account for 82% of Internet traffic, especially since 80% of people who want more content from the brands they’re loyal to want this content in the form of video. As such, it’s no surprise that Facebook claims live videos generate 600% more interactions.
Videos That are in High Demand
Clearly, social video is unavoidable today. These videos can’t just be good for your brand, they must also be good for your visitors. With this in mind, it should come as no surprise that certain types of videos are in high demand. They include:
- Product tutorials or live, how to videos showing clients how to use your products
- Event marketing gets people hyped up and discussing attending your upcoming event
- Live streaming your events
What to do With Your Videos
Once you’ve created your videos you can’t simply hope that your audience will find them. This starts with finding the right social media platforms and focusing on those. Two of the best are YouTube Live and Facebook Live (owned by Google). Of course, you also want these embedded on your own websites and landing pages so you can create blog posts driving traffic to them. This isn’t the only promotion you’ll want to do, however.
Before you hold a live stream you’ll want to make sure to:
- Hype your livestream by tweeting and posting about it beforehand so you’ll have a big audience when it occurs. You can also include it in your blog posts and email newsletter.
- Have influencers hype your livestream for you.
- Make sure you livestream often. By being consistent you’ll have more fans watching for it.
- Get people talking about your livestream on your Facebook timeline. Google likes fresh content so when it happens they’ll pay attention, which will help your SEO.
After you’ve finished creating a social video there are a few more things you’ll want to do for SEO purposes. Make sure you set the post to “public.” You’ll also want to add a keyword-optimized title tag, as well as other relevant tags for SEO.
Since social video is all the rage you’ll want to make sure to include it in your marketing plan. Affordable SEO can help you do this. With 10+ years of experience working with businesses just like yours, we understand the importance SEO plays in your bottom line. Let’s work together to make sure that you have the right things in place so that you’re making more money today.