You should never forget about the importance of your product pages and the sales they make. However, this is something that a lot of people do overlook because they’ve been told that these don’t take time and effort on your behalf. Instead, they believe they can just copy and paste product descriptions here and make sales. This is dangerous since it can negatively affect your SEO. You really do need to keep the best practices for product pages in mind.
Follow Conventional Wisdom
Before you start optimizing your pages, make sure you know what keywords your customers use to find your products or services. There are several keyword research tools available to help you with this. Regardless of what keywords you choose to use, make sure they include long tail keywords too. It’s also a good idea to let reviews, prices, and product availability show up in your search results.
Using data in marketing gives you a clear picture of what you’re doing. It also helps you understand your customers and their needs better. These are great reasons why you should be using Google’s Enhanced Ecommerce tracking. Doing so will show you how your audience varies depending on what country they’re from, what device they use, and even their age. This SEO information will help you serve them better.
Consistency is another important part of SEO. This means maintaining your brand’s voice across all platforms. Hiring a great ecommerce copywriter will help you here, especially if you don’t have the time and skill to undertake this task yourself. While you’re at it, you should also hire a professional web developer. They’ll pay for themselves since failure to be consistent will result in many issues.
A few Other Things to Remember
When it comes to your product pages there are a few other things you’ll want to remember as well. These include:
- Include product reviews, feedback, and ratings even if they’re not all positive 5-star reviews. This adds legitimacy to your site.
- Add high-quality images and videos to convince your clients that your products are as great as your words describing them say they are. Video is especially important since it can increase your sales by 64% – 85%. Use them to answer your customers’ questions.
- Use a call to action that stands out more than the other parts of your page. Make sure you also include information about the other shapes, colors, and sizes your products are available in too.
- Remember, your page’s loading speed directly impacts how it’s ranked in Google’s SERPs. Make sure you compress your files and use a CDN before using Google’s PageSpeed Insights to check on your speed.
- Phrases like “others also viewed,” “others also liked,” “you may also like,” or “related products” are great ways to up sell or cross-sell items. They’ll also increase the time your customers spend on your site, which is good for SEO.
When you don’t have time to create product pages properly, you really need to hire someone who does. With over 20 years of experience, Affordable SEO Company is a company that you can trust to do this for you. Isn’t it time you take a look at what they can offer – how they can help your business and its bottom line today?