Today’s world is so tech savvy that when you want to hire an employee you can now do everything online. In fact, it’s possible that you might not even meet the person you’ve just hired until they show up for their first day of work. However, you do need to know where to market and promote your jobs if you want this to be a smooth, easy process for your business.
The top Places to Find Candidates Online Today
There are 5 places you should visit online when you want to hire an employee today. These include:
- Social Media: It’s important for you to build your company’s brand and culture in this venue. By building a fan base on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest you’re providing yourself with immediate access to a lot of influential people who already like your business. It’s these people you want to make sure to immediately inform about any job openings you have.
- Job boards: There are lots of job boards available online today. Some of the top contenders that immediately come to mind here include Monster.com, Indeed.com and CareerBuilder.com. You should also concentrate on the many niche job boards that are in existence as they’ll attract the type of people you’re looking to hire. A great example of this is JobMonkey.com. They cater to people who are looking for cool, seasonal jobs. However, you should know that almost every niche has a job board. This includes everything from nonprofits, to technology, retail, and everything in between. Make sure you find the right niche job board and use it when your company wants to hire an employee.
- LinkedIn: This is a social media site for professionals. It deserves a separate mention from the other social media sites in existence today because not only can you use it to post jobs, but you can also use it to search for candidates who have the specific experience and skills your position requires. As such, this is a great online site at which to network and recruit people to fill your openings.
- Career sites: The first place someone will go when they want to work for your company is to your website. This is why you want to make sure that you post every open position you have available here. Make sure that you do it in a way that’s not only interactive, but also easy to use.
- Shared economy sites: When you need to hire an independent contractor (not an employee), this is the type of website you should use. You’ll find lots of eager contractors who want to work for you and can offer you a competitive rate.
How to Hire an Employee Online Today
Once you’ve created some buzz about the position you have open, make sure it’s easy for candidates to forward their application to you. After you’ve chosen some candidates, use today’s video conferencing technology to conduct online job interviews. You can also safely and securely send your new employee all their onboarding materials online.
The nice thing about the online job market is that you can tap into candidates from throughout the world. As such, you’ll have a bigger audience, which will increase the likelihood that you’ll find the “perfect” person for your position. This can really help you build a better business that’ll survive anything today’s economy throws at it.
Knowing how to properly take advantage of today’s technology will help you save money and time. If you need some help making it work for you, contact the Affordable SEO Company today. They’ll show you how easy it really is to hire an employee online.