As business owners, we tend to think that we know what our clients want and how to get their attention. However, there’s more to it. You also need to understand what SEO keywords people are using to find your business. Fortunately, this isn’t complicated.
Understanding Different Types of SEO Keywords
Before deciding on what SEO keywords you need to use to obtain your business goals, it’s important to know what the different kinds of keywords are. There are three categories of keywords. These categories are based on length, search volume, and demand. They include:
- Short keywords (a.k.a., seed, broad) consist of only one or two highly competitive words. Since they don’t give any specifics (e.g., “haircuts”) they’re in high demand.
- Mid-tail keywords contain around three words so they’re more descriptive (e.g., “haircuts for men”) and thus less competitive.
- Long-tail keywords are highly descriptive (e.g., “trending haircuts for men”). They don’t appear as frequently on the search engine results pages (SERPs), but they’re a great way to target your ideal client. You can even create blog posts out of these keywords (e.g., “What types of haircuts are trending for men?”).
It’s important to choose the right length of keyword for your goal. You should also try to target a variety of searches. Doing the work here will enable your site to move higher up in the SERPs.
Find the Right Demographics
SEO keywords and locations are used by Google to move you up in the SERPs. Once you choose what keywords you want to use, make sure that you use them throughout your website. Although Google seems tricky, there are still a few things that you can do to ensure that your website receives the attention it deserves.
Another important part of SEO is determining what your visitors’ demographics are. This will also make it easier for you to convert them into paying clients. While you may think that you have a very large audience, you want to narrow this down to determine who your specific client is. You also want to take some time to think about where they live. All of the information that you gather here will guide you to the right SEO keywords for your business. For instance, if you sell real estate you’ll want to target areas where the population is growing since this is where you’ll find your perspective buyers. On the other hand, as a pediatric dentist, you’ll want to find areas that have a lot of neighborhoods as this indicates there are a lot of families living there.
Conduct Effective Keyword Research
Spending time on SEO research is important if you want to get good results out of your marketing efforts here. With accurate research, you can make well-informed decisions. You’ll know what your competition is doing and what SEO keywords they’re using most frequently. There are a few ways in which you can conduct this research:
- Use Google searches to manually conduct your research. Once you’ve performed a search simply look at the questions that are listed under the section “People Also Ask.” These are things that people searched for that are similar to your original search. Taking time to SEO optimize your blog based on these questions will enable you to rank higher in the SERPs for them.
- There are tools available to help you identify keywords for SEO. These tools will show you new keywords and their search volume.
Regardless of how you conduct your research, you’ll want to make sure that you include low competition keywords in your content. These are ones whose search volume is 1,000 or less.
This is important because you don’t want to miss out on the specific type of client your business caters to.
Create a Deliberate SEO Strategy for Growing Your Business
Now that everything seems to be happening online, it’s time to refine your SEO strategy. Using the right SEO keywords makes a major difference in where you rank in the SERPs, which will then impact your bottom line. At Affordable SEO Company Clearwater in Clearwater and Pinellas County, we can set you up for success. Contact us today so we can navigate the ever-changing search world together.