If you have a small business of your own and you do not have a website, you need to look into it. With our simple step-by-step tutorial, you will see that setting up a website may not be as hard as you thought.
First off, if you do not think you need a small business website, think about this. When you have a site of your own, it is a powerful device that can draw in many potential clients. Any SEO service will tell you that a website of your own is needed.
The first step in setting up your own site is to select a domain name. Any name can be used, but you want it unique and related to your brand. Having a name that matches up with your business will help you in SEO rankings, as well as being consistent with your business products or services.
If you are not certain about how to pick a domain name, think of keywords that are relevant to your product. Pick domains that are easy to spell and short so customers can remember it. Steer clear of hyphens or abbreviations. It is also best to use top-level domains, such as .net or .com.
Once your domain is selected, you will need to register it. There are different registers that you can use, such as Domain.com. You will need to pay for this service, but generally, it will be fairly reasonable.
From there, you will pick your host. Some registers also offer hosting and website design. Those that do not have much experience with coding may wish to use an option such as WIX. If you decide to use a different company outside of the domain register, find one that will provide tech support and an SSL certificate. Some hosts might even provide you with a free domain name. It is highly recommended that you be sure that you have a host that has an SSL. This is a standard in security that protects not only your business but also your customers.
Now that you have a website, you will need to add some content to the pages. It must be engaging and interesting. Here are some must-haves suggested by SEO services for any small business website:
- An eye-catching homepage that shows exactly what your business is. The font should be easy to read, and the graphics should be crisp and clear.
- An about us page that tells all about you and your company. Here you can add your values, beliefs, and mission statement. It is also a good idea to add little bios about any employees that work for your company.
- A shop page will let customers see what you have to provide you with more revenue. You can also use this page for online scheduling if you have a platform such as HoneyBook.
- A contact page is a must to show how customers can get ahold of someone. Be sure to include your address, phone, email, and any social media sites your company is a part of. If you have set business hours, here is an excellent place to add them.
- Content that supports your small business. You may share infographics, blog posts, or anything else that you find interesting.
- A FAQ page is one that many might not think about, but they are beneficial for your visitors. This can build up trust with your customers as well.
- A testimonial page is one way your potential clients can find out about your services. By having testimonials from real customers, you can build your credibility.
After all, this is done, you will need to work on SEO for your site. Some tips you can utilize for this are as follows:
- Use keywords that match up to your content. Pick words or phrases that make sense, and do not stuff them into the content. This is known as keyword stuffing. Just as with everything else, too much of something may provide you with negative outcomes.
- Make all content readable for your visitors that is relevant and of value.
- Be certain all designs work on every device and that they are fast loading. This includes desk computers, laptops, phones, and tablets. Take note that close to half of all web traffic for sites comes from smartphones.
And finally, do a check to proofread everything you have done before you publish it. Test your site on various browsers, and make sure there are not any broken links. All content should be error-free as well.
Once you have made sure it is perfect, you can publish it.
If you want to have your own small business website, contact Affordable SEO Company Tampa in Tampa, FL. This SEO service will help you with everything you need and set you apart from everyone else.